Join the Climate Week NYC online panel discussion on 23 September at 10am EDT / 4pm CET to deep-dive into building net-zero cities, what tools we need and what solutions are available today.
Hear and engage with experts on pathways to building a net zero future:
- Kate Ascher, Board of the Holcim Foundation, Happold Consulting and Columbia University in the City of New York
- Cristina Gamboa, World Green Building Council
- Bertrand Piccard, Solar Impulse Foundation
- Eduardo Pizarro, Holcim Awards Ambassador in Latin America
- Deborah Wintraub, City of Los Angeles
- Nat Bullard, Bloomberg – Moderator
- Jamie Gentoso, Holcim – Host
Net-zero construction in cities: a question of tools, performance, and materials?
The construction sector is not only an engine for economic recovery. It also is a formidable vector to accelerate the decarbonization of our economies. With many cities committed to becoming climate neutral, construction is a fundamental enabler to accelerate the transition.
Carbon neutral economies require adapted infrastructure, ranging from transportation to affordable decarbonised energy as well as a highly energy-performant and circular built environment. The rolling-out of advanced technologies and materials will bring responses. But this is part of a larger ecosystem that is undergoing a paradigm shift that requires tools and performances to accelerate the shift.