Holcim Awards 2023
Design what matters
Registration Closed: March 30 (14:00hrs UTC) Close of Competition: April 6 (14:00hrs UTC)Finalize your submission(s)
- Open for entries: February 6
- Close of Registration: March 30 (14:00hrs UTC)
- Close of Competition: April 6 (14:00hrs UTC)
- Jury evaluation: May/July 2023
- Nominee verification: August/September 2023
- Winners announced: November 18, 2023
- The Holcim Awards competition recognizes and promotes projects that combine sustainable design and sustainable construction with architectural excellence.
- The global competition is conducted in five geographic regions: Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East Africa, and North America.
- Independent expert juries will evaluate submissions and nominate the winners.
- Entries are evaluated using the Foundation’s renewed goals for sustainable construction (Uplifting places, a Healthy planet, Viable economics, and Thriving communities).
- USD 1 million in total prize money (USD 200,000 per region) will be shared between winners of a Holcim Awards Gold, Silver, Bronze prize, and Acknowledgement prizes in each region.
- Winners from all regions will be invited to the prize announcement to be held at the Venice Biennale of Architecture 2023.
- Project must not have started construction before January 1, 2022.
- Projects may be at the following stages: detailed design, completed design, under construction, and completed construction.
- Projects must be client-supported – commissioned by a client for the purpose of real-world execution.
- Entries must provide information on detailed sustainability data points.
Registration Closed: March 30 (14:00hrs UTC) Close of Competition: April 6 (14:00hrs UTC)
Finalize your submission(s)